What it costs.
The two days will cost £275 which includes drinks, light meals (sandwiches) etc. If you wish to bring a second photographer along the price is £500 for both of you.
Partners (husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends etc) are an important part of making a successful business as a photographer, even if they do nothing more than support you emotionally. So as a result of that partners are welcome to join for the two day’s workshop for £75 (to cover drinks & meals) provided they do not use a camera during the day!
Minimum numbers are 4 and the maximum number is 6 photographers. I like to keep things small so EVERYONE gets a chance to get some real benefit from it and goes away not just being inspired but with real practical tips on starting a business or improving their business.
Minimum Numbers of delegates – 4 (not including partners)
Maximum number of delegates – 8
Early Bird Discount
Book your date more than 5 weeks before the workshops date to get an Early Bird Discount of £50 per photographer.
Booking & Cancelations
You can book by paying the full amount or a booking fee of £100 to secure your place. Any balance must be paid by the week before the training workshop.
Bookings are swappable with people and dates if you find you can not make the date you originally selected. There is no limit on swapping dates.
Fees are non-refundable in any event due to the costs involved in securing the venue. If you can’t make the date and can’t sell / swap with another indivudal – sorry. However, if the workshop doesn’t run due to low numbers you do get a refund.
What do you get for your money?
Let’s face it. You want a Return on Investment.
- You get a no holds barred conversation and input from me throughout the two days. No question is off limits on how I run my business.
- You get a qualified and expert coach to guide you all day. Group numbers are small to give you the time YOU need to get what YOU want.
- You get a complete set of the notes electronically. (This wedding photography training workshop isn’t about a great set of notes /powerpoint slides and a few notebooks & pens. It’s about the content.)
- You get a copy of my 16-page contract and Welcome Pack (welcome letter, suggested photographs plus more)
- You get a copy of my Adobe Lightroom (and probably Capture One) preset to help speed up your workflow
- You get a copy of my Adobe Photoshop Actions to help speed up your workflow
- You get coffee/tea & lunch.
- You get 12 months free coaching via FB
- You get access to my Facebook Group – The PSG, The Photopgraphers Support Group. A very safe place to learn your craft.
- I regularly run workshops at highly discounted prices (£50 per member) for members as well as being on hand to help with advice etc. The workshop topics are dictated by the Facebook Group – you ask me and I’ll arrange it.
Lightroom & Photoshop & Business info
As part of the workshop you also get full access to the Adobe Lightroom Presets I use as well as access to the Adobe Photoshop Actions, Cost of Doing Business spreadsheet,Terms & Conditions, Welcome Letters, Contracts and much more. I don’t hide anything, and everything is on the table to help you start your business or improve your business. This is held on a DropBox folder so you can access it anytime you need to, and it’s also updated regularly with new stuff!
Off Camera Lighting Kit
I use Godox exclusively for my On Camera and Off Camerawork. You will be able to utilise my wide range of Godox lights (AD600, AD360, AD200, V680, TT685 etc). All trigger / wireless systems will be provided. If you wish to bring your own kit we can spend time going through that to show you how to get similar results.
We will have real brides and or grooms, not professional models. If you are going to run a wedding photography business you need to know how to communicate with & pose real people! And yes, I said communicate. You will be surprised at how little communication some photographers have with thier wedding couples on the day.
Wedding Photography Training Days
The Business of Wedding Photography: Getting it right from the “get go”
Are you a fantastic photographer who’s looking to turn a hobby into a profession that pays the bills? Maybe you’re already running a successful photography business, but looking for the right insights to kick it up a notch.
Either way, my two-day Business of Photography Wedding Photography Training workshop is for you!
What can you expect over the two days?
The first day and part of day two are spent covering all of the business stuff such as the cost of doing business, marketing, strategy, equipment, communications techniques, contracts, sales, and selling and, of course, some photography!
The final third of day two will see us thinking about and actually doing photography.
Focussing on the use of off-camera flash and other creative indoor flash techniques. Working with real brides and couples (I don’t use models, I use real people from my previous shoots). We’ll also look at ways to make your photography stand out or as I like to call it, finding your “style”.
Remember, at the end of the day, being different is ultimately what differentiates you in a crowded market.
The Business of Photography Wedding Photography Training
Check out this video from my last workshop and if you’ve still got any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.
With my two-day workshop, you can finally realise your photography business dreams or, in the case of those who already have an existing photography business, discover how to take what you’re doing to the next level…
I’m Andrew from Andrew Miller Photography and I’ve been a full-time, pays the mortgage wedding photographer for 13 years, photographed over 500 weddings and enjoyed every minute of having a lifestyle that relates to what I want and not what other people tell me I need.
During (and since) my career in the British Army – which is, incidentally, where I qualified as a photographer – I’ve trained people all over the world, from the US to Southeast Asia and beyond over a 30-year period.
- I’m a Business Mentor for Business Wales (A Welsh Government organisation) helping Welsh based photography business.
- I’m a Non-Executive Director (NED) for the Welsh Target Shooting Federation (WTSF)
- I have a Masters level qualification in Coaching & Mentoring.
- I have got a degree level qualification in Adult Training & Development.
- I am also qualified to use a wide variety of psychometric assessments means I can not only help you develop as an individual but also, just as importantly, improve your business.
- I’m an international speaker at photography conferences; Germany 2018 and Holland in 2019, where I talk about BUSINESS SKILLS. I leave the photography to those that want to show off.
But what does that all really mean?
In a nutshell, I’ve been there, done a qualification T-shirt. I’ve made the mistakes and learnt from them accordingly. And if I can prevent you from making just one of those mistakes, this workshop will have been worth it personally and financially.
Plus, I’m in a pretty unique position in the industry, as a professional trainer and coach, to effectively and efficiently impart my knowledge to you.
The bottom line is that even if you’re the best photographer in the world, it’s all for nothing if you don’t create the foundations that your business needs to grow and thrive.
Forget the fancy lighting, the fancy editing and the fancy posing, if you can’t run a business you’re going to starve, lose your home and possibly your partner. (That’s why I encourage partners to come along – they need to support you in this tough journey.)
This workshop has been designed with the sole aim of setting you on the right path to creating a successful wedding photography business you’ve perhaps always dreamed of.